See some of the historical and significant places of Alice Springs
This tour requires a minimum of 5 participants to run. Pickups from accommodation locations in Alice Springs begin from 7am, and the tour starts from 8am, returning to Alice Springs at approx. 5pm.
A day tour to see the historical and significant places in Alice Springs, including ANZAC Hill, Araluen Cultural Centre and the National Road Transport Hall of Fame. Lunch at Yaya's Cafe is included.
ANZAC Hill Memorial and Lookout
Behind the town of Alice Springs stands ANZAC Hill at 608 meters tall (1995 feet). Dedicated in 1934 to the ANZACs of World War I, Dawn services are held each year on ANZAC day here at the memorial. This observation point gives panoramic views over the township of Alice Springs. ANZAC Hill is also a Geodetic fundimental point for surveyors and levels are taken from a marker on the hill. The Arrernte name of the hill has been recorded as both Untyeyetwelye and Atnelkentyarliweke.
Araluen Arts Center and Cultural Precinct
National Transport Hall of Fame
As a community-based volunteer organisation, the museum is dedicated to preserving Australia's transport heritage. Many forms of transport - from camel trains of old to road trains and coaches of today - are displayed. The museum has taken what it calls a lateral approach to the restoration of vehicles; instead of showing them in off-the-production-line condition, they stand as they were in their working lives, "testimony to the trials and tribulations of Australia's road transport industry pioneers".
Visit their website to learn more.
Olive Pink Botanical Gardens
The Olive Pink Botanic Garden is located a short drive from the town’s CBD, on land developed as a reserve for arid region flora by Miss Olive Pink in the 1950s. Olive Pink Botanic Garden is Australia's only arid zone botanic garden. Located adjacent to the Todd River and not far from the centre of Alice Springs, it is a great place to wander along trails to see the hundreds of plant species that are native to the Red Centre.
- Amazing Views - You'll get to enjoy the amazing views in all directions over Alice Springs from the top of ANZAC Hill, a perfect oppertunity for some great photos.
- Araluen Cultural Precinct - Take a walk through the museums of the Araluen Cultural Precinct, including the Art Centre, the Strethlow Research Centre, Central Australian Aviation Museum, Central Craft, and the Musemum of Central Australia. Yaye's cafe is there as option for brunch too.
- National Transport Hall of Fame - Check out the many forms of transport - from camel trains of old to road trains and coaches of today, plus the original Ghan train locomotive.
- Lunch Included - We'll take you over to the Olive Pink Botanic gardens to enjoy a lovely lunch service from their cafe overlooking the gardens.
- All entry fees paid - All entry fees to each of the stops throughout the tour will be covered, so you can sit-back, relax and enjoy the tour and not have to worry.
|Adult||Concession||Child < 16|
|Alice Springs Day Tour||
Can I bring my family?
Yes, absolutley! We encourage you to bring all your family and friends and see the sights of our amazing town. All travelers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will be resposible for their care.
How fit do I have to be?
This tour involves some minor lengths of walking through each location, plus the ability to be able to get on and off our bus. Its suitable for most people, even those with some mobility imparements.
How many people are on each tour?
The tour requires a minimum of 5 people to run, with a maximum capacity of 46 people per tour. You will travel in one of our comfortable air-conditioned buses.
What should I bring on the tour
- Proof of booking (can include the e-version delivered to your email)
- Water bottle (atleast 1 litre), bottled water will also be provided
- Strong, non-slip and comfortable walking shoes
- Hat (wide-brimmed is best), Sunglasses and sunscreen
- A flynet is recommended during the summer months
- Casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
- An of course your camera to get many selfies with...